November is National Healthy Skin month. Did you know the skin is your body’s largest organ so it is important to take good care of it. Keep your skin in good shape all year round with these tips:
- Wash your face every day and after exercising.
- Use an antiperspirant rather than deodorant to reduce sweating.
- Determine your skin type: oily, dry, or combination and choose skin care products tailored to that type.
- Examine your skin regularly for signs of skin cancer.
- Protect your skin from the sun by using water-resistant sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher.
- Consider using petroleum jelly to minor injuries and moisturize dry skin and nails.
- Prevent blisters and corns on your feet by making sure your shoes fit properly.
- Moisturize daily.