Every 8 seconds someone is hurt in a car crash. Distractions can last a lot longer than people realize. Even hands-free is dangerous because our brains remain distracted by the conversation. Do not become a statistic. Check out some lifesaving tips below:
- First and foremost, turn off your cell phone. There is no safe way to make a call while driving – not even hands-free.
- Send and read text messages and email before you start driving.
- If you are going on a longer drive, schedule breaks to stop, park safely, and respond to messages.
- Put your destination into your GPS so you do not need to touch it while the car is moving.
- Social media can wait. NO update, tweet, of video is worth a life.
- Do not call or text friends or family if you know they are driving.
#justdrive and learn more at http://www.nsc.org/justdrive