Although the weather is still warm, fall season has begun. Stay safe and healthy by following these general tips during the fall season.
- Protect yourself against the flu by getting a flu vaccine.
- Wash your hands with soap and clean running water for at least 20 seconds to avoid getting sick and spreading germs.
- Do not drink and drive. Did you know alcohol-related motor vehicle crashes kill someone every 48 minutes?
- Test and replace batteries. Check or replace your carbon monoxide batteries along with your smoke alarm batteries. Test alarms every month to ensure they work properly.
- Keep food safe. Follow basic food safety steps such as separate foods to avoid cross-contamination. Always clean hands and surfaces often.
- Drive safely as it gets darker earlier. Aim your headlights correctly and clean your windshield to eliminate streaks.
- Have a safe Halloween. Check the candy your children receive from trick-or-treating.
For more information on fall safety tips, visit https://www.cdc.gov/family/autumn/index.htm